I sometimes happen upon random blogs and I loved this one, so I decided to do it myself!
The idea is to try to answer these questions without sneakily checking online or peeking over your shoulder at the bookshelf behind you. I’m taking the challenge I got from The Book Blogger memory challenge and then adding a few questions of my own. If you try the challenge too, let me know!
- Name a book written by an author called Michael
Private Peaceful – Michael Morpurgo
- Name a book with a dragon on the cover
The Dragon Whisperer – Lucinda Hare
- Name a book about a character called George
George’s Marvellous Medicine – Roald Dahl
- Name a book written by an author with the surname Smith
The No.1 Ladies’ Detective Agency (okay, that’s a series) – Alexander McCall Smith (Actually, is his surname hyphenated? Does this count?)
- Name a book set in Australia
Golden Urchin – Madeleine Brent
- Name a book with the name of a month in the title
April Lady – Georgette Heyer
- Name a book with a knife on the cover
The Subtle Knife (Just realised that The Book Blogger listed this one too! And I have the same question – am I sure it has a knife on the cover?) – Philip Pullman
- Name a book with the word ‘one’ in the title
Can’t believe I can’t think of any!
- Name a book with a eponymous title
- Name a book turned into a movie
How to Tame Your Dragon
That was fun!
Now, how about a few more? I won’t answer them because I have books in mind as I come up with the questions!
- A book with a day of the week in the title
- A book with a fictional place in the title
- A book featuring an animal you’ve never actually seen
- A book you enjoyed mainly because you’ve visited the place in which it is set
- A book that has a character who shares your name
I’d love to know your answers too!